|Walking for weight loss.|
- One mile is about 2,000 steps; so, 10,000 steps equal about 5 miles.
- Many people will get about half of their 10,000 steps just doing the things they normally do – like cleaning the house, yard work, and walking around the office.
- To reach 10,000 steps, you will probably have to take a walk, go for a jog, or participate in a structured exercise class. This helps you meet the Center for Disease Control’s guideline to accumulate 30-60 minutes of physical activity every day!
- Explore new trails, greenways, and other areas around your neighborhood.
- Plan a scavenger hunt – see how many steps you can accumulate along the way.
- Have a race to see who can get from one place to another and instead of the winner being the “fastest”, the winner is the person who takes the most steps to get there.