|Pilates for weight loss and ab strength.|
- Burn, baby, burn! Pilates does burn calories! No, not as many as running a 5K but a 45-minute intermediate level class can burn approximately 270 calories!
- Get your back in shape! According to one study, people with chronic low back pain who participated in a regular Pilates program experienced less pain and less disability than people treated with more traditional methods. Of course, if you suffer from back pain, you need to work with your healthcare provider to evaluate your readiness for a Pilates program.
- Get stronger! Although Pilates is a great way to strengthen your abs and low back, those aren’t the only muscles Pilates targets! Pilates can strengthen your upper body & tone your lower body.
- Be flexible! Pilates exercise programs can improve your flexibility!
- Battle the bulge! According to a study presented at an American College of Sports Medicine conference, participants who engaged in a regular Pilates program saw weight loss and significant improvements in their body mass index.
- Be gentle! Pilates is a low-impact form of exercise and can be modified to give you a workout while still being “easy” on your joints.
- Tune into your body & tune out your worries! Pilates requires you to “be present”, meaning that you have to tune into your body and listen to what it is telling you. This leaves less space for other thoughts to clutter your mind and leaves you feeling relaxed!