|Better sleep leads to better health.|
- Decrease your caffeine intake and go caffeine-free after 2pm.
- Take a warm bath each night before bed.
- Make your bedroom a sanctuary. It should be a quiet place to relax (free of kids and pets); maintain a comfortable, cool temperature in your room; and make sure your mattress isn’t part of the problem.
- Establish a routine. Maybe it begins with meditation, a cup of tea, or a good book. Keep your routine consistent so your body starts to recognize the “cues” for bedtime.
- Go to bed and wake up about the same time each day. Sleeping in on days off will only throw your schedule off and it really isn’t possible to “catch up” on lost sleep.